Friday 17 May 2013

Cake!

Ok, so sometimes this blog might not be as 'serious' as others... Realising, once again, that I have been procrastinating about writing another post because I was looking for something 'profound.' Well, today isn't about profound. Today is about CAKE.

Cake is very, very important to me and provides immediate happiness and satisfaction (when it's GOOD) - and can also make me annoyed, grumpy and frustrated (when it's BAD). Luckily, I have learned, over time, to spot the cakes (seriously, I am actually talking about cake) that will make me happy. The ones that obviously have been made with love, and are moist, flakey in the right way, and look incredibly enticing. Like this one which I found today at the wonderful Gentle Jane Tea Rooms just opposite Grosmont Castle in Wales.
(The cakes looked so good, I actually purchased a slice of the chocolate espresso cake to take home. This excites me a lot and am saving it for breakfast. Yes, that's right. Cake. For. Breakfast. #heckyeah)

I have to admit: I went to Grosmont to check out the castle and have a nice countryside walk whilst I'm here for the wonderful Llantilio Crossenny Festival ... but the cakes looked so good while I was having lunch, I rushed the walk so I could make it back in time to eat some! The rolling hills would have to wait.... ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments, minding your P's & Q's :-)